For more than 70 years, the Greater Miami Jewish Federation has been a unifying force for Jewish community-building and philanthropy. We work to enrich the quality of Jewish life in Miami-Dade County by bringing comfort and hope to the vulnerable and by investing in programs that build Jewish knowledge, identity and peoplehood — ensuring the next generation of Jews.
The Annual Federation/UJA Campaign raises tens of millions of dollars each year to fund agencies locally — including Jewish day schools, synagogue religious schools and Jewish Community Centers, as well as numerous social-service programs to care for those in need in Miami.
Federation-funded agencies also work to advocate on important social issues and provide a strong foundation for Jewish life and identity-building on college campuses and in communities across the United States.
In Israel, Federation is effecting change and enhancing lives by helping to settle immigrants, assisting in times of crisis, and engaging in special partnerships with the cities of Yerucham, Pardes Channa-Karkur and Or Akiva.
Federation also supports programs in 64 countries, aiming to combat anti-Semitism, provide a lifeline of vital services to the frail and vulnerable, rebuild Jewish communities, and help rescue and resettle those in peril. The vital work of these programs and agencies is coordinated by our long-time global partners — the Jewish Agency for Israel (JAFI) and the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC), as well as other non-governmental organizations.
In cooperation with The Jewish Federations of North America (formerly UJC and UJA) and working in partnership with a network of local, national and international beneficiary agencies and programs, we touch countless lives each year.
The Mission of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation is to mobilize human and financial resources to care for those in need, strengthen Jewish life and advance the unity, values and shared purpose of the Jewish people in Miami, in Israel and around the world.
To visit the GMJF home page, visit JewishMiami.org
Five Great Reasons to Go on the Miami Mega Mission
Miami Mega Mission Israel 2012 will be the largest community-wide journey organized by the Greater Miami Jewish Federation in 16 years. Miami has a history of supporting the people of Israel and our goal of 800 participants reflects our ongoing commitment and solidarity. Our exciting plans for next April have already created a buzz in Miami, across the country and in Israel.
Working for the Greater Miami Jewish Federation and staffing many missions, we hear lots of feedback from participants about why missions are so worthwhile and eye-opening. We are sharing five great reasons to go on the Mega Mission — and you may think of a sixth or seventh reason yourself.
1) The power of community. Unlike anywhere else in the world, traveling to Israel with your peer group adds to the experience and makes it even more special.
2) The Greater Miami Jewish Federation has access to Israel’s best sites, guides, speakers and leaders.
3) Our El Al charter plane provides the only round-trip, non-stop flight from Miami to Tel Aviv. Land-only participants have the flexibility of extending their stay or making additional travel plans.
4) 18 buses will have custom-made itineraries and will join together for five spectacular Mega Events. This combination of intimate and large-scale gatherings will offer a personal and communal journey unlike any other.
5) Creating meaningful friendships and memories during a life-changing Jewish experience doesn’t stop after returning home to Miami. This is just the beginning!